Saturday, October 21, 2017

Readathon Day

2:00 a.m.
So it's started. I've officially been reading for two hours! Switching between a audio, Bone Gap by Laura Ruby, and a paperback, The Fire By Night by Teresa Messineo. Both very good so far!

11:08 a.m
I read from midnight until two last night, and then slept for six hours, and picked up Bone Gap again. I'm nearly finished with it.

11:26 a.m.
Finished Bone Gap! I lived it, and will definitely recommend it to anyone! So good! Onto the next one, Classic American Short Stories!

3:37 p.m. Finished with Classic American Short Stories by Ambrose Bierce, Steven Crane, Mark Twain, O. Henry, Jack London, James Fenimore Cooper, and Kate Chopin. It was pretty good, some were more interesting than other, as is normal when you are sampling different authors all at once. Next I'm on to a few more chapters of The Fire By Night by Teressa Messineo, and then I'll probably switch back to an audio. I never thought I'd get so much accomplished today! I've cleaned almost all my kitchen! I love audio books!

4:33 p.m. I finished Mickey Mouse and Goofy The Idol of Mystery Island. An old Disney comic I bought at a yard sale once. Super cute stories, if not a tad culturally insensitive. Onto the next one!

8:07 p.m. I finished my next book.! A New Kind of Leader by Reggie Joiner. It's a short (123 pages) book on youth ministry and being a a good leader and connecting to kids that may have completely different lifestyles as you. It's really good and if you work in youth ministry I highly recommend it! Next up is finishing The Fire By Night my Teresa Messineo Because the last book I have is the one I'm most excited for!

10:23 p.m. Change of plans. I've been doing dishes for the past few hours so I chose to stick with audio books and am currently listening to The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. The audio book is read by Stephen Fry and so good seeing as he did the voice of the narrator for the film! I have an hour and a half left in the day and I am so glad I was able to complete this day! So far I have completed four books and I will only have about three hours left in the book at midnight so I can finish it off tomorrow. So I am going to start packing up and spend the next hour getting ready for bed! Goodnight!

No comments: