Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year New Blog!



If you haven't noticed, I have been putting some new life into this sad little blog over the last few months. Not consistently, but gradually trying to make things better, more professional, and something that is more than just a reminder of the little weirdo that I was in junior high (don't worry, I'm sure you were a little weirdo then too). So I've been thinking about what kinds of things I wanted to start featuring here, as well as what things I think haven't worked. I'd like to get to having consistent weekly posts, if not twice a week. Among those I have a few ideas, but I'd like your opinion. What do you, reader, want to see? Here are some ideas I've come up with. Let me know which ones sound most interesting to you and which ones you're not too thrilled about.


  • Bringing Back Outfit of the Day - or What I Wear in a Week posts
  • Reading Updates - Cataloging what I'm reading, how I'm feeling about them pre review
  • Baking Projects - Recipe, and photos, may include dinners, deserts/desert decorating, or snacks. 
  • Fitness Updates - I am really trying to focus on fitness, despite my love for baking, and then having nowhere to bring said baked goods. My goal is to just get into shape, and start feeling healthier.
  • Movie and Book Reviews/Recommendations - I watch a lot of TV, and sometimes I read. I'll let you know what things stand out and what you should check out (movies/TV will be mostly Netflix based)
  • Writing Progress and Snippets - I've been getting back into writing, I really want to start focusing on short stories, so that I feel a bit of accomplishment, as I work on my novel. I'll post short stories, and ask for feedback, and reviews.
Those are just some brainstorming ideas that I think sound fun. I may also incorporate vacations and other such things as well. I haven't talked about it yet but for the last two summers I have been working with this camp for 10 weeks in the summer and I could do some snaps of  what that looks like. I also kind of want to start incorporating maybe some video footage to accompany my blog. I went out to Arizona for my cousin's wedding, and we went to the Living Desert and I got some fun footage and pictures that I will soon cut together in a little montage.

Let me know what you think! I'm excited for this new year, and the new things to come. Let's make it a good year!

~Delaney

No comments: