Friday, December 1, 2017

This Autumn

Chelsea's Scones
Okay! I'm getting back into the swing of things, or trying to. I had three days off of work last week with a weekend following it, and I have to say I felt more tired than relaxed when I went back to the office on Monday. But it was a very delightful week. We had a lot of cleaning to do as I had been storing all of my yard sale stuff in the dining room because we had some rain a few weeks ago. I've been planning a huge yard sale because I'm trying to save for a car, and my family has been trying to de-clutter our house these past few months. My mom and sister Bri re-landscaped our front yard a few month back and a few of us had been helping with that. I sold my trailer that had been falling apart, and I'm putting the money toward my car fund.
Dessert Table
I took most of last week off because we had people coming for Thanksgiving and our house was a disaster! We spent the entire day getting things cleaned, setting out decorations, and making pies. Then Thursday came and it was a really nice day! We kept it small this year and so it was really relaxed. I got to sleep in a little (most of us didn't even get dressed until noon!), and my sister Chelsea made fresh cranberry scones for breakfast, and they were so good! We had a few people over but for the most part it was just the siblings and parents. We played board games most of the afternoon after watching the Macy's parade, which was so much fun! My family really loves board games and so we had a ton of fun relaxing all day. And then we sat down for dinner. It was a simple day and very much fun. Lots of quick games of Uno, laughter, puppies, and food. Especially since Dad's birthday was Wednesday, and for some reason my mother and I thought it would be a good idea to buy three cakes (it wasn't).
Cosying up with Penny(left) and Henny(right)
on the Couch.
Dinner Table
We've also been dog-sitting for my sister's friend, and so we've had his dog with us since October. Her name is Penelope, Penny for short, and she is such a roly poly of a dog, and an endearing pain in the butt.

Coco Dia De Los Muertos alter at our local movie theater.
Last weekend we went to see Coco, the new Pixar film and it was so beautiful! If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it, it's such a great story and the animation is beautiful. A really great family film for the holiday season. I was crying for most of it but it's also really funny, and a great story to add to Pixar's amazing lineup. My family really love Pixar films, and I have to say this one goes up there with Finding Dory in my absolute favorites. The whole thing was just so great, and I thought it was a wonderful time to go see it.

And that was my Thanksgiving! Bri did a really cool job on the table decorations and I painstakingly tried to have seemingly good handwriting with chalk (I am getting better, honest) for the clip on place cards my mom has. I have got to get back to working on my handwriting, it's improved a lot over the years, but still it's pretty crap.

Table
I decided to wear my hair down because I had bun curled it the night before and it looked great, unfortunately it was not practical for anything other than these pictures here. Setting the table, helping with food, playing games, and even laying down is just too hard when you have as mush hair as I do. A difficulty that was worsened by the weather making my hair both frizzy and static. But at least it looked good for pictures. The dress I am wearing is a gift from my sister Bri. She gave it to me for my birthday back in March and I just haven't had an occasion to wear it to until now, what with being at camp all summer long. Honestly I wish I had, it is one of the softest dresses I've worn and makes me feel a million feet tall (but maybe that's just the heels). There's a tan slip underneath with clear straps and then the black lacing over top. I need to see if I can take the straps in on the slip because it's a little low-cut in the chest and they would slip off my shoulder every once in a while, but the lining is so soft.
Hair

And that was my Thanksgiving! Besides all of that we got a lot of Christmas movies in and some Halloween ones we missed. Dad and I watched Arsenic and Old Lace, we all watched Miracle on 34th Street, and the siblings got in a viewing of all the cheesy Halmark and Freeform holiday movies, and even a viewing/sing-a-long of this gem.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving as well, and that you enjoy the rest of the holiday season! ~Delaney
Outfit: Headband- Target, Necklace- Hand-me-Down,
Dress- Dress Barn(gift), Shoes - Thrifted







No comments: